Female Relief Support Workers needed in Houghton Regis
Are you looking for a role which offers you flexibility, training, career development and the chance to make a life changing impact?
Dimensions are currently looking for people to join our established care teams in Houghton Regis on a relief basis, supporting people with learning disabilities and autism. We’re looking for people who are caring, ambitious, thoughtful and kind.
As a relief Support Worker you will have the opportunity to accept shifts not only in Houghton Regis but across the whole of the Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire area, but we’re also currently recruiting for a specific service in the LU5 post code area, where you will be supporting a fabulous woman in her own bungalow who loves walking, going for meals out, attending clubs and doing activities in the community.
Whether you’re interested in joining the team in general, or you’d specifically like to work with this woman, we’d love to hear from you!
As a relief Support Worker you will be supporting people to achieve their goals, which includes engaging in the activities they enjoy. Whilst everyone’s needs are different, you can expect to provide support with personal care, meal preparation, medication administration, grocery shopping and household tasks including cooking, cleaning and laundry.
The relief pay rate for Bedfordshire is £8.91 per hour. As a relief Support Worker, your annual leave is accrued for each hour that you work and paid to you on a monthly basis, meaning you will be receiving £9.99 per hour in total.
Shifts can vary and include long days, short days, sleepovers and waking nights, so there are bound to be shifts to suit your availability. Whilst there is no obligation to accept individual shifts, we do ask that people are committed to accepting shifts on a semi regular basis to support our permanent teams and to ensure consistent care for the people we support.
We recruit based on values so whilst previous experience is always welcome, it’s certainly not essential as full training will be provided.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Apply to be a Relief Support Worker right now:
If being a Relief Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please read the attached job description and person specification. It then couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process. Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.