We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of support workers in Bradbury Villas. We are looking for full time, part time, waking night and relief members of staff.
Dimensions provide life changing support to people with learning disabilities and autism throughout England and Wales. Whether you have a background in retail, cleaning or you are a recent graduate we want to hear from you. This is your opportunity to start a career where you are genuinely changing people’s lives and to join an award winning team in the process.
The gentlemen that live here both have their own lives where they attend various activities in the community and in their home. They have their own vehicles.
One of the gentlemen is a very happy man who enjoys other people's company and socialising. He loves being out and about and does enjoy a bit of people watching! He loves being involved in everything that is going on and is able to express his emotions well. He has 2:1 support, uses a wheelchair and has a specially fitted feeding tube.
The other gentleman that lives here has a love for Zumba and enjoys cooking. He is happy and likes being busy so he has a wealth of activities that he likes to do. He also likes other people's company and getting out into the community. He has epilepsy but this doesn't stop him from doing what he wants to do!
You will receive full training and shadow shifts so that you are able to support both these gentleman well. We also offer a range of further training and qualifications. The early shift starts at 7am and the late shift finishes at 10pm. There are also two waking night members of staff in the service overnight.
Being a driver is desirable however not essential. You will get paid monthly on 25th of every month. In this service and surrounding services, there will be an opportunity to pick up overtime shifts should you wish to.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Becca Newton on 07393012658/ and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or please click apply at the bottom to submit a short application.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- OTE £20,102.06
- Support Worker