Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence for every individual. We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and if you are looking for a career in care – there couldn’t be anything more rewarding.
We support people with learning disabilities and autism, with challenging behaviour, epilepsy, complex needs and much more. If you have a caring, kind and thoughtful nature, we would love to hear from you.
As a valued support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support. We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for an award winning company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
We thrive on providing person centered support, so below you can read a little bit more detail on how this gentleman in Chippenham likes to be supported.
A little bit about me and how I like to be supported:
'I am very independent and enjoy living in my own home. I have a passion for folk music and love to attend regular folk nights and festivals. I like motorbikes and other vehicles, emergency services and enjoy attending shows and events. I am looking for friendly, confident, reliable support to help me maintain and develop my independence'
The Role will involve
- Helping people to live the individual life they want
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Supporting people with their medicatio
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure.
- About you
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Jonathan Mace 07748 181538 or email email@example.com
- OTE £20,845.86
- Support Worker