We are recruiting for amazing Support Workers in Peasedown. We have a supported living service comprising of 8 flats within Peasedown where three gentlemen live, each with their own support team.
Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence for every individual. We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and if you are looking for a career in care – there couldn’t be anything more rewarding.
The role will involve:
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Supporting individuals access their community & preferred activities
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Personal care
One of the people we support enjoys going out walking, swimming, going to arts and crafts and also goes out for lunch in the local pub. He also loves films and going to charity shops to buy new DVDs.
The second person we support is really into his music and dancing. He likes to have his disco lights on and enjoys going out to participate in sensory activites as well as boogie nights.
The third person we support enjoys going out, being sociable, cycling, spending the day at the farm, enjoys spending time with family and looking at family photos and videos.
We are looking for dynamic staff who can work across the service & who will be keen to support people to live as independently as possible, including supporting with skills teaching (cooking, cleaning, accessing the community, travelling on buses etc). You will be working within a team of experienced support staff and all training will be provided.
If you are interested please apply and you will be guaranteed an interview. If you have any questions prior to applying please call Sandra Lord 07392197463.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker