Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence for every individual. Here at Dimensions Cymru, we are proving life can get better.
We are recruiting for amazing both full time and part time Support Workers to join us in the South Wales region. Our services are based in Swansea. Whether you have some experience or not, we will help support you to reach your full potential by providing you with all the necessary training, guidance and assistance you need to complete your care certificate and any further qualifications.
We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and so if you are looking for a rewarding career in care, and want to make changes that positively impact the lives of the people we support – we would be thrilled to hear from you!
To be considered for this role you will need to have a full UK/EU driving licence.
The hourly rate is currently £8.05 but will be increasing to £8.21ph as of 1st April
We work alongside people with learning disabilities and autism, with challenging behaviour, personal care, epilepsy, complex needs and much more. If you have a caring, kind and thoughtful nature, and this sounds like a role that you would like to do - please do get in touch and apply.
The role of a support worker can be a varied one, but will usually involve:
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
Service details along with location will be discussed at interview.
For any more information or if you want to have an informal chat about the role because you are interested in working in a specific area please contact our Locality Managers
Sheila Carpenter: 07824 529246 Swansea
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- OTE £20,102.06
- Support Worker