Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Buxton, Norfolk where we are looking for full and part time staff, and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
Hi, I am an active male supported by Dimensions. I live in Buxton, near Aylsham and am looking for people to join my team and support me in my beautiful spacious home.
I am a friendly man with a great sense of humour. I use many different ways to communicate and build individual relationships with my team, I may act or communicate differently with each member of my team but I get the same result.
My family is very important to me and I see them often. I like to have a structured week, within which I participate in my favourite activities such as going out in my car, taking long walks, attending a music group, swimming, going out on my trike, dancing, and I love swings! I like to be smart and presentable. I enjoy breakfast - marmite on toast is my favourite. I enjoy home cooked food such as sausages and mash, curry, spaghetti bolognaise, pizza and casseroles. When at home I like to listen to my music CDs, go out on my swing and walk around the house - as there is so much room! I like to make choices within a structured context, such as what to eat and what I want to do.
- In the future I would like to connect to my community more and to see what other regular events I could attend.
- I would also like to go to concerts and other music events.
- I have a learning disability and autism and I need to be supported with my routines
- I have my own vehicle and would need some of my support team to have a full UK Driver’s Licence and drive me to places in my vehicle.
- I require 24/7 support and require two sleep in support staff at my home. I have 2:1 support to access the community and at home.
It’s ok if my Support Worker doesn't like all my activities, as long as you are enthusiastic to support me to do them. You may even enjoy them!
If you share Dimensions values you’ll have the opportunity to meet me, as it’s important we’re a good match for each other.
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Ricky White on 07733 310036.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- Support Worker