Support Worker positions available now – with an outstanding benefit package!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Are you also looking for a company that provides fantastic benefits to all their employees to also enhance your own life whilst working with us?
We're looking for people to help support the people we have across three homes in Barnet and one in the New Southgate area that share our companies values. They all have learning difficulties with various complex needs ranging from needing to be PEG fed, epilepsy and the need for help with personal care.
We have 8 people in one of the shared accommodation which involves manual handling, personal care, handling of medication and one gentleman that will need 1:1 support.
In the other accommodation we have 4 people with the same need of support but also with hoisting involved. Both of these shift patterns are from 7/7:30am - 2:30/3pm, 3pm - sleep in - 2:30pm. These can be discussed with the manager at interview.
Lastly in Barnet we have 3 young gentleman in the own place who are in need of waking nights (20 hours a week) support.
In New Southgate we have one lady and two gentlemen who live in a bungalow with it's own garden. We're looking for people to support them with access to the community; such as eating out and going shopping. Their is some manual handling involved with pushing wheelchairs, personal care and medical needs that we will provide training on how to administer. There is a degree of challenging behaviour but with support plans in place this will help equip you with the tools should the situations arise. Shifts vary from days (7:30 am - 10:00pm; with either 7.5 hours shifts to options of long days) and waking nights 9:30pm - 7:30am. There are shared hours and elements of lone working when taking out people we support out into the community. They would love to go out and swim but this is not essential for you to be able to do for the role. There aren't any pets on the premises but they do enjoy when the local cat comes along to visit.
All of the people have family who love to be involved with their lives, so helping them maintain these relationships will be part of the role.
If you have any queries about the job role please contact Jan Aylott on: 07769 880843.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit companies supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
Sleep ins are paid at the rate of £30.50 per sleep in. In addition if applicable top up payments will be awarded accordingly to meet National Minimum Wage obligations.
About the role
A typical role will involve;
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker