We’re looking for Support Workers to work Wednesdays and Thursdays each week from 9:30am – 3:30pm supporting a young gentleman with his regular activities at two local day centres or Watford town centre. You’ll accompany him via Taxi from his family home to the day centre or town where he likes to go and feed the birds and going to one or two of the local cafes. At the day centres you’ll support him to make his own lunch for the day and aid him with his chosen activity, whether that be arts & crafts, baking or listening to music which one of his favourites being the Las Ketchup song. He also occasionally goes bowling and the local bowling alley.
He does require use of a wheelchair, so being comfortable with assisting him with moving around will be part of the role. His first language is Italian but he is primarily non-verbal, so being creative with different tools or ways of communicating will be useful whilst supporting him.
The Role will involve
- Helping people to live the individual life they want
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Supporting people with their medication
- Supporting with personal care
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Katrina Ruddick 07939561619 or please click apply at the bottom to submit a short application.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker