Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Support Worker positions available now in Barnet – with an outstanding benefit package!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Are you also looking for a company that provides fantastic benefits to all their employees to also enhance your own life whilst working with us?
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit companies supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
About the role
A typical role will involve;
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
You'll support 8 adults in their own place which will include manual handling; pushing wheelchairs, using a hoist and repositioning. You'll help with their meal times, this could either be supporting them with feeding them or through PEG feeding. They require assistance with medication and personal care with bathing, drying and clothing them. They go out to regular activities like swimming where they will need support in the water, going to church and shopping to name a few. One gentleman requires 1:1 support and they're are some that suffer from epilepsy, we provide training on all aspects of the role.
Shifts are from 7am - 3pm, 2pm - 10:30pm - sleep in and waking nights from 9:30pm - 7:30am; along with working alternative weekends and occasional bank holiday.
Sleep ins are paid at the rate of £30.50 per sleep in. In addition if applicable top up payments will be awarded accordingly to meet National Minimum Wage obligations.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- OTE £21,986.77
- Support Worker