We are recruiting in Bath for Full Time and Part Time vacancies.
I have a learning disability and I am looking for support workers to help me and my friends. We receive support to enable us to live full and active lives. We like going out, cooking and gardening as well as Karaoke. We want to be supported by staff who are caring, friendly and fun. Our families and friends play a big part in our lives. If you are successful in your application to work with me, you will help me to maintain these relationships.
As well as having a learning disability I also use a wheelchair to enable me to be mobile. At Dimensions it is important that each person is respected and valued for our individuality and therefore the support I want and receive will be different in some ways to the support my housemate receives.
I need help to maintain good health, this can involve you helping me to plan and cook all my meals, alongside helping me to attend health related appointments. No two days are the same, one day we might spend the day doing my shopping and housework together another we might go swimming, bowling and cinema visits.
Reading this you might think I do not have the training or skills to do this. Whatever your background, whether you have worked in healthcare, mental health, or spent time looking after your family and friends, this could be the career for you. At Dimensions we recruit people who demonstrate they share our values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Ambition and partnership.
No previous experience is needed as we will provide you with excellent training and support.
As a valued support worker, you’ll be us to live the individual life they want, ensuring we have choice and control over the planning and delivery of our support. We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for an award winning company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
The role will involve
- Helping people to live the individual life they want
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Supporting people with their medication
- Supporting with personal care
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure.
- Shift pattterns can vary - some morning shifts -7am start /afternoon shifts-2pm start/ weekends - 10am - 6pm / 3pm - 10pm plus sleep Ins.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Anna Wyatt 07825753184 or please click apply at the bottom to submit a short application.
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Anna Wyatt on 07825753184
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker