Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Angmering and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
The 7 people we support in Angmering are looking for a support worker to join the team of support workers in their residential home. Duties will include supporting them with personal care when it is needed, administering medication, ensuring their health, safety and well-being is maintained and supporting them out and about in the community. We support people with various learning disabilities, cerebral palsy, down syndrome and dementia.
The applicant will need to be of a friendly nature, upbeat and empowering. They will be needed to think on their feet, use initiative and put the people we support first. You will be working in a team of three between the hours of 08:00 until 15:00 and 15:00 until 22:15. You will be required to complete a full handover at the beginning and end of your shift and expected to attend team meetings when asked.
The home is based a short walk from Angmering village, close to the shops and public transport stops. There is a car park on site for staff and visitors.
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Louise on 07702972964.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- OTE £22,126.05
- Support Worker