Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
We are recruiting for Support Workers in the S35 area of Sheffield on full-time and relief basis.
Whether you have worked in healthcare, mental health, autism, with challenging behaviour or maybe you have a background in retail, cleaning and coaching, this could be the career for you. Dimensions recruit against values and not previous experience.
As a valued Support Worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support. We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for an award winning company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
We have two services in S35 that we are recruiting for one gentleman one Lady.
The gentleman we support has a kind and gentle character. He has a good sense of humour, and always happy. He likes to see what everyone is doing and sensitive to others feelings. He is always well dressed because he likes to be tidy and clean, he is well known locally and pleased to see people he likes to be involved with. He has no verbal communication, he enjoys his time traveling in his car to various places of interest.
The lady we support has a great sense of humour has a lovely smile and contagious laugh, she enjoys a bit of sarcasm and friendly banter and she is loving and affectionate. She enjoys one to one time, stimulation, pampering, food & drink, outings, seeing her sister, friends, going to the pub, going out in her car.
The Role will involve
- Helping people to live the individual life they want
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Supporting people with their medication
- Supporting with personal care
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact [Insert name and phone number] or please click apply at the bottom to submit a short application.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker