Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
We are recruiting for amazing Support Workers in Hemel Hempstead. Whether you have experience or not, we will help support you to reach your full potential by providing you with all the necessary training, guidance and support you need to complete your care certificate and further qualifications.
We support people with learning disabilities and autism, with challenging behaviour, personal care, epilepsy, complex needs and much more. If you have a caring, kind and thoughtful nature, we would love to hear from you.
The role will involve:
- Supporting with another Support Worker as 2:1 support within the family home.
- Personal care in the morning - e.g. prompting with personal hygiene.
- Supporting him with going to the gym/sauna/ swimming (at least one of you will need to be in the pool with him).
- Playing pool
- Going out for lunch and / or dinner
- Support with making evening meal if eating at home
- Listening to music
- Shift pattern Monday - Friday; 9am - 5pm, 10am - 7pm and 12pm - 7pm
To be considered for this role you will need to have a full UK/EU driving licence and have access to a car.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Katrina Ruddick on 07939561619.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker