Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
We are looking for Support Workers to support individuals in Barnet & Edgware in a great location with fantastic benefits. You don’t need experience as full training is given. We offer a great team environment and competitive pay rates. You will be friendly and approachable and support individuals to have a great life with excellent outcomes.
We're looking for Support Workers to work in either of our two services:
Barnet service - supports 8 adults in their own place which will include manual handling; pushing wheelchairs, using a hoist and repositioning. You'll help with their meal times, this could either be supporting them with feeding them or through PEG feeding. They require assistance with medication and personal care with bathing, drying and clothing them. They go out to regular activities like swimming where they will need support in the water, going to church and shopping to name a few. One gentleman requires 1:1 support and they're are some that suffer from epilepsy, we provide training on all aspects of the role.
Shifts are from 7am - 3pm, 2pm - 10:30pm - sleep in and waking nights from 9:30pm - 7:30am; along with working alternative weekends and occasional bank holiday.
Edgware service - supports 3 young gentlemen in their own home. You'll support them to day centres, day activities - community access shopping, going on day trips, parks, going to London and going to tourist attractions, cafes and eating out. They like to go swimming and will need support in the water. It is 2:1 support during the day for one gentleman, the other two are 1:1 support. They'll also require support maintaining their home and personal care.
Shifts are from 7am - 3pm, 2pm - 10:30pm - with either to 2 or 3 shifts a week.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity, apply today.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- OTE £1,372.50
- Support Worker