Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Buxton, Norfolk where we are looking for full and part time staff, and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support. Weekend positions are also available.
Hi, I am an active male supported by Dimensions. I live in Buxton, near Aylsham and am looking for people to join my team and support me in my beautiful spacious home.
I am a friendly man with a great sense of humour. I use many different ways to communicate and build individual relationships with my team, I may act or communicate differently with each member of my team but I get the same result.
My family is very important to me and I see them often. I like to have a structured week, within which I participate in my favourite activities such as going out in my car, taking long walks, attending a music group, swimming, going out on my trike, dancing, and I love swings! I like to be smart and presentable. I enjoy breakfast - marmite on toast is my favourite. I enjoy home cooked food such as sausages and mash, curry, spaghetti bolognaise, pizza and casseroles. When at home I like to listen to my music CDs, go out on my swing and walk around the house - as there is so much room! I like to make choices within a structured context, such as what to eat and what I want to do.
- In the future I would like to connect to my community more and to see what other regular events I could attend.
- I would also like to go to concerts and other music events.
- I have a learning disability and autism and I need to be supported with my routines
- I have my own vehicle and would need some of my support team to have a full UK Driver’s Licence and drive me to places in my vehicle.
- I require 24/7 support and require two sleep in support staff at my home. I have 2:1 support to access the community and at home.
It’s ok if my Support Worker doesn't like all my activities, as long as you are enthusiastic to support me to do them. You may even enjoy them!
If you share Dimensions values you’ll have the opportunity to meet me, as it’s important we’re a good match for each other.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Ricky on 07733310036.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker