In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Driver preferred but not essential
Shift Work - 7am - 2pm & 2pm -10pm
2:1 support ratio during day
No experience required
Support Worker positions available now – with an outstanding benefit package!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day by becoming a Support Worker? Are you also looking for a company that provides fantastic benefits to all their employees to also enhance your own life whilst working with us?
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit companies supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
About the role - Support Worker
The role will be supporting a non-verbal gentleman who will be moving into his own home for the first time. He is very active and likes to make his own decisions and do as much as possible for himself, however with new tasks and activities will need support until he's comfortable to do it by himself.
He is supported on a ratio of 2:1 during the day and likes to go to the gym, going for walks and to Southend. Sometime in the near future he would like to get a job so will require support to find employment. Training is provided for the role, which will also include SCIP due to behaviours that challenge.
Shifts are worked out on a rota of earlies and lates, including working alternative weekends and the occasional bank holiday.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
Alternatively, for an easy apply application please send your CV to email@example.com
- Support Worker