Support Worker - Waking Nights
Part-time (36 hours per week)
Whether you have worked in healthcare, mental health, autism, with challenging behaviour or maybe you have a background in retail, cleaning and coaching, this could be the career for you. Dimensions recruit against values and not previous experience.
We're looking for Waking Night Support Workers to join our team in Letchworth. This role will be supporting a gentleman in his own home. He enjoys spending his time going to pubs, meals out, long walks and cinema trips. He is very independent and requires minimal personal care with no manual handling involved. You will however be required to support with meal preparation and medication.
The gentleman we support can have periods of challenging behaviour so following a positive behaviour plan in necessary.
Be prepared to work flexibly as you will be part of a wider support team. There is a shift pattern way of working and the typical night shift would start at 10:30pm and finish at 7:30am.
A full UK/EU driving licence and access to a vehicle is preferred due to the location of the service but not essential.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker