In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of support workers in King's Lynn. Dimensions provide life changing support to people with learning disabilities and autism throughout England and Wales. We often find great talent from retail, cleaning and hospitality backgrounds, but no matter what your experience, we want to hear from you. This is your opportunity to start a career where you are genuinely changing people’s lives and to join an award winning team in the process.
The role will be supporting two gentleman who are in their 20s and 30s who are fairly independent. They will require verbal prompts and help to follow the guidelines regarding staying safe during this time. They thrive off positive energy and someone who can think outside the box and keep them entertained. They enjoy going out in the local area and further afield, sport (in particular football and speedway), TV programmes that they enjoy and going on holiday.
Shifts are from 3:30pm - 10pm followed by a sleep in, then 7am - 9:30am Monday to Friday. At the weekends we support for longer days but this is broken up into smaller shifts - this will be discussed at interview.
Being a driver is preferred but not essential for the role.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker