In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence for every individual. We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and if you are looking for a career in care – there couldn’t be anything more rewarding.
We looking for amazing Support Workers in the Lemnington area of Newcastle. Whether you have experience or not, we will help support you to reach your full potential by providing you with all the necessary training, guidance and support you need to complete your care certificate and further qualifications.
We have a 32 - 37.5 hour vacancy to support a couple whom live together. Both need some support with personal care and manual handling I.e pushing wheelchairs.
Due to the service requirements being a driver is essential for this role.
The role will involve:
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
???????We support people with learning disabilities and autism, with challenging behaviour, personal care, epilepsy, complex needs and much more. If you have a caring, kind and thoughtful nature, we would love to hear from you.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Claire Turrell on 07384 214 981
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- OTE £21,660.80
- Support Worker