Support Worker / Care Assistant
Broadstone - BH18
Full time - 37.5
Joining the Dimensions team as a support worker, you will be given support and leadership from a locality manager, assistant locality manager or, in their absence, a lead support worker. As a support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support.
In Broadstone, we support three ladies in their own flat who are aged in their 30s - 40s. All ladies are very active and enjoy doing new things. You will support them to get involved with the activities they love most - Bowling, swimming, puzzles, board games and attending silent disco's. The role will involve you doing some manual handling due to all ladies using a wheelchair and hoist. One of the ladies we support is sensory orientated, blind and uses SUCS. Another is very vocal, uses her eyes to communicate and is good fun to support. She loves a party and supports Bournemouth FC.
Shift Patterns - These can vary to work around what the people we support live to do, so you must be prepared to work flexible.
Example - 7am - 3pm / 10am - 6pm / 12pm - 8pm / 2:30 - 10pm / alternate weekends and sleep ins.
For more information, please contact Louise on 07393 460768.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker