In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - we are looking for a male to join our team of Support Workers in Worthing and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
The Dimensions team supports two gentlemen in Worthing services who enjoy being active and participating in a range of activities during the week and weekends. The gentlemen have complex health needs and behaviours that challenge, that the staff team are responsible for managing, and helping each gentleman live life as independently as possible. Both gentlemen enjoy getting out and about every day, and participate in a range of community activities, as well as relaxing in their home environment. Both gentlemen require support all of the time, which means you will need to be flexible in your working hours, and expected to work a minimum of one waking night per week, alternate weekends, and a mixture of early and late shifts that meet the needs of the service.
All staff members receive a comprehensive induction which includes a 3-day induction with the area Director and HR, practical training, online e-learning, shadow shifts, and monthly supervisions with management. We provide you with all the tools and skills needed to be successful working for Dimensions. The service includes a recently built staff area with full kitchen and bathroom facilities, and is approximately a 10-15 minute walk from West Worthing train station.
IMPORTANT: In applying for the role, you are required to hold a valid UK drivers license.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Sharing in our Values
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Oliver Wise on 07908470072
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker