Part time - up to 22.5 hours per week
Full driving licence with access to a vehicle is essential for this role
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
We're supporting a gentleman in his 20's with autism in Watford. He is very active and independent enjoying several activities such as swimming, sailing, skateboarding and often attends music events/festivals. Whilst indoors he enjoys playing computer games and watching Thomas the tank engine. We are looking for someone who shares the same interests, is enthusiastic and energetic also willing to try new things.
No manual handling involved but you will prompt with personal care and will build positive relationships with his family.
Whilst this service is 1:1 support, be prepared to work flexibly as you will be part of a wider support team working across different services if needed. Shift patterns can vary between 7am-10pm/ long days and will require at least 2-3 sleep in shifts per week. You will also be required to work weekends and bank holidays.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to hold a full UK/EU driving licence with access to your own vehicle. You must feel comfortable driving a manual and automatic car.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19 we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker