Support Workers needed -Reepham- Full or part time positions available!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Do you share our values of Respect, Courage, Partnership, Integrity and Ambition? If so, we want you!
Why apply to work for Dimensions;
- Competitive salary
- Full induction programme and we’ll pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
- We provide financial bonuses every five years through our Long Service Awards.
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice, also available to family members
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Up to 30 days annual leave
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
What will the role of Support Worker involve?
We are looking for someone to support a gentleman in his late 20's in Reepham, Norwich.
This can be either a part time or full time (37.5 hours) position providing personalised support a gentleman in his own annex accommodating kitchen, front room, bathroom, conservatory and own garden with swings for Support Workers to help maintain.
You will be supporting with community based activities such as walking, going to the parks and visiting churches and supporting where necessary with day to day duties including household tasks, this can be on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis. He has a particular interest and enjoyment for swings with a big swing in his garden and within his home. He also have a keen interest for music and has the most infectious laugh. This gentleman requires support with his personal care including bathing and dressing, supporting dietary needs and medical needs and he requires no mobility support.
The support hours are between 8am and 8pm per day and are split into shifts which can be flexible.
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
Previous experience would be beneficial but not essential as we offer intensive person centred training specific to the needs of the gentleman you will be supporting, as well as accredited training in Health and Social Care.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker