Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Ormesby St Margaret in Norfolk and create a positive difference that improves the life for individual we support.
Hi, we are looking for positive and proactive people to come and join our team in the Ormesby area of Great Yarmouth supporting an amazing gentleman that lives in his own property with support.
His family are very important to him and he sees them twice a week. He likes to have a structured week, within which he participate in his favourite activities such as playing snooker, visiting shops to purchase things he needs and wants, having coffee out, going out for picnics, going to new places and going out in his car which he calls his ‘red bus'. He likes to be smart and presentable, and really enjoys being told so!
He enjoys traditional home-cooked food such as casserole and pie, and sometimes likes to assist with cooking and preparation in the kitchen. When at home he likes to listen to his vast music collection, watch TV and music DVD’s, and play on his snooker table.
He also likes to complete his morning chores: put out the bins, feed the birds and water the plants. He likes to make choices within a structured context, such as choosing clothes for the day, what to eat and what activities to do.
- He has a learning disability and autism and needs to be supported with his routines
- He has his own vehicle and would need some of his support team to have a full UK Driver’s Licence and drive him to places in his vehicle however this is not a requirement.
- He requires 24/7 support and require a sleep in support staff at home. He has 2:1 support to access the community and 1:1 support at home
If you share Dimensions values you’ll have the opportunity to meet him as it’s important that you’re a good match for each other.
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Charles Collier on 07939 570 428.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker