Support Workers needed- Harpenden- No experience necessary
Why apply to work for Dimensions;
- Competitive salary
- Full induction programme and we’ll pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
- We provide financial bonuses every five years through our Long Service Awards.
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice, also available to family members
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Up to 30 days annual leave
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
What will the role of Support Worker involve?
We are looking for Support Workers to support individuals in Harpenden in a great location with fantastic benefits. You don’t need experience as full training is given. We offer a great team environment and competitive pay rates. You will be friendly and approachable and support individuals to have a great life with excellent outcomes.
As a Support Worker you will support with activities such as arts and crafts, shopping and cooking and accessing the community by going to local sports centres, cinemas and eating out at cafes and restaurants. The families and friends of the people we support play a big part in their lives so they will also require support with maintaining those relationships. This role requires a confident driver.
Part time or relief positions available. Hours can be flexible to meet the individuals needs.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity, apply today.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker