In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
We are looking for Support Workers in Worthing to cover various shifts from full time, part time and relief to suit you. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment. The service in Worthing supports 2 gentleman and is local to bus and train travel networks.
One of the gentlemen enjoys going for drives, going shopping, accessing local parks and gyms, and sensory activities at home. Our second gentleman enjoys going out for coffee/lunch, cinema, day trips, playing pool and darts, and gardening. Both gentlemen we support have complex health needs and behaviours that challenge. Staff receive full training on how to manage these behaviours, and how to help each gentleman live life as independently as possible. Both gentlemen require support all of the time, which means you will need to be flexible in your working hours, and expected to work a minimum of one waking night per week, alternate weekends, and a mixture of early and late shifts that meet the needs of the service. Shift times at the service range from 07:00-14:30 (early shifts), 08:30-16:30 (daytime shifts), and 14:30-22:00/16:30-22:00 (late shifts). Waking nights are 22:00-07:00.
All staff members receive a comprehensive induction which includes a 3-day induction with the area Director and HR, practical training, online e-learning, shadow shifts, and regular supervisions with management. We provide you with all the tools and skills needed to be successful working for Dimensions. The service includes a recently built staff area with full kitchen and bathroom facilities and is approximately a 10-15 minute walk from West Worthing train station.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker