I'm supported by Dimensions. I live in the Crawley area and now need more Support Workers to join my team.
I would like fun, enthusiastic, fast thinking and caring people to come and support me in my own home. You need to be able to drive my car for which you must be over 25 years old for insurance purposes, as this is a specific requirement of the role. Cooking good, healthy food is also required. I need you to be able to help me with boundaries as I do have some behaviors that may challenge others. I love going out and meeting friends and family which you will have to help me arrange. You must be able to work a mixture of weekdays and weekends and sleep in once a week.
- I love food but need to be careful as well
- I enjoy visiting my family and friends
- I like to do my own banking and shopping with assistance
- I have learning disabilities and behaviors which others may find challenging
- I love going out
- I usually have 2 staff during the day and someone sleeps over night
It’s ok if my Support Worker doesn't like all my activities, as long as you are enthusiastic to support me to do it. You never know, you might find you enjoy it!
If you share Dimensions values you’ll have the opportunity to meet me as it’s important we’re a good match for each other. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked as a Support Worker before, as Dimensions will give you paid accredited training throughout your career, plus bonus payments when you complete your qualifications - as well as a full induction, regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals to ensure you develop your professional skills, supporting me to live the life I choose.
A few words from Dimensions on the way they support me, and also you ….
The Dimensions “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and their Support Workers - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that the unique “Activate” model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in Support Worker satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, we offer you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to hold a Full UK/EU driving licence.
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Simon Churcher on 07940516362
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker