Support Worker / Care Assistant
Part time - 20 - 30 Hours
Days, nights and weekends
We are looking for Support Workers to support individuals in Poole in a great location with fantastic benefits. You don’t need experience as full training is given. You will be friendly and approachable and support individuals to have a great life with excellent outcomes.
As a support worker you will support a gentleman in 40s with autism and epilepsy in his own bungalow in Poole. You will support him with his daily household chores - cooking, cleaning and washing, plus get involved with all the activities he enjoys. He likes to do puzzles, play with building bricks, go out for lunch, go swimming and bowling. Although he has a busy schedule, he the best supported by someone who is calm, respectful, has lots of patience and allows him to have his own space. You will need to be a team player as he can sometimes have 2:1 support and you will help build and maintain relationships with his family.
Shift patterns can vary on a weekly basis but are usually 7am - 17:30 / 10am - 20:30 and Waking nights are 20:30 - 07:00.
For further information, please contact Lynne on 07903045796.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity, apply today.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker