Support Worker / Care Assistant
Totton / Southampton
We support six people to share a bungalow together. The bungalow is a registered service which is divided into two parts. They enjoy going to day services, going on holiday, going for tea and cake and they also enjoy activities in the community. They also like cooking, gardening and enjoying time outdoors as well as Karaoke inside. Their families and friends play a big part in their lives so they also require support with maintaining those relationships.
Whether you have worked in healthcare, mental health, autism, with challenging behaviour or maybe you have a background in retail, cleaning and coaching, this could be the career for you. Dimensions recruit against values and not previous experience.
The role will involve
- Helping people to live the individual life they want
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Supporting people with their medication
- Supporting with personal care
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching to find opportunities
Shift patterns can vary on a weekly bases and will be discussed at pre-screen and interview.
For further information, please contact Jo on 07507128781.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker