Support Worker / Social Care
Full Time - 37.5 hours
Outstanding benefit package!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Are you also looking for a company that provides fantastic benefits to all their employees to also enhance your own life whilst working with us?
This role will involve working in a beautiful service in Netley Abbey supporting five people. You will support both gentlemen and ladies who have various disabilities including autism, epilepsy and physical disabilities. Pre-pandemic, the people we support attended day centers, attended various clubs and do and still like to visit their local cafe. They like listening to music, singing and getting involved with arts and crafts and games.
You will have to keep some written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records. Supporting, encouraging and teaching people to maintain personal and intimate care as required, such as dressing themselves, showering/bathing, using the toilet, etc.
Shift patterns vary and work around the people we support.
Example shifts - 7am - 3pm / 2pm - 10pm / Alternate weekends.
For information, please contact Jo on 07507 128781.
At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker