Part time -30 hours
Driver with car essential
Whether you have worked in healthcare, mental health, autism, with challenging behaviour or maybe you have a background in retail, cleaning and coaching, this could be the career for you. Dimensions recruit against values and not previous experience.
As a valued Support Worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support. We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for an award winning company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
You'll be supporting a gentleman in his 30s who lives in his own place in the Watford area, who has a love for trains and coffee. You'll support him with his everyday activities; this could be going to model railway clubs, going to York to the railway museum, going to theme parks, the zoo and coffee shops. The support will need to be creative to motivate him to go about maintaining his own place and to tear him away from his love of watching YouTube videos. He will need his meals to be home cooked for him that don't require for him to use cutlery due to his motor skills. He has some level of independence but will need support with some of his personal care.
The shift patterns are 10am - 9pm 3 days a week for the bigger days out, the other 4 days are 10am - 2pm and 6pm - 10pm, weekends and bank holidays are included in the working pattern.
A Full UK/EU driving licence and have access to a car is essential for this role
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19 we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
The Role will involve
- Helping people to live the individual life they want
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Supporting people with their medication
- Supporting with personal care
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Katrina on 07939561619 or please click apply at the bottom to submit a short application.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker