Support Worker - ABA
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions ABA Services support children and young adults with autism and Asperger’s Syndrome to develop life skills and independence.
ABA Support Worker
Shift work, incluldes sleep ins
We are looking for full time Support Workers in Highbury & Islington to work with an individual with a sunny, charming and charismatic personality. Supporting young adults is very rewarding, however it can often be demanding. Some of the individuals we support can display challenging behaviour. You will be given full training in how best to support our clients through these times. You will be supporting individuals with personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves. Maintaining the individual’s dignity during these situations is imperative.
As part of a team you may be required to work evenings and weekends. Your ability to be flexible and support your colleagues when needed is vital.
We are looking for candidates who hold a full, clean UK driving license who are willing to drive the vehicles owned by the amazing individual we support.
The position will include sleep ins (£50) , shift pattern work , weekends , occasional bank holidays
The successful candidate would desirably possess the following;
•A happy disposition, bubbly and lively sense of humour with an interest and appreciation of music, dancing, modern pop culture, styles, fashions and trends.
•A good level of fitness and the enthusiasm and willingness to partake in various sporting activities including; trampolining, rollerblading, swimming and running.
•An understanding of the importance of promoting inclusion and community presence.
•To be genuine, honest and respectful of the individual's wishes and needs whilst up-holding and rewarding socially acceptable behaviour.
•A good understanding of the principles of ABA and PBS. Reward all positive behaviour, interaction and communication with social praise, encouragement and reinforcement.
•Always be alert. Dynamically risk assess each environment and have the ability think on your feet.
•Respect the dignity of the individual’s personal property.
•Having the initiative to research, be creative and introduce new ideas/places. To meet new people and create links within the local community.
•Keeping written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial information and health and safety records.
About Dimensions ABA
Our approach to support is specific to the individual. Working with them to determine their hopes, dreams, aspirations and goals for their future. Putting the client’s needs first is imperative to development, progression, independence and empowerment. Closely involving family members, health professionals and key people involved in the young person’s life enables us to deliver the personalised care service required to meet the needs of the individual.
Due to the personalised nature of the support we provide, some clients respond more positively to specific approaches, especially when forming new relationships, acclimatiing to unfamiliar environments and learning new skills.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a sector leading benefits package, more details can be found in the Careers section of our website www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
- Dimensions/ABA services are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- Support Worker