ABA Support Worker
£10.20 per hour
Whether its full time, part time or relief employment you are after, we want to hear from you!
Driving licence preferred
Are you interested in supporting children and young adults with autism and Asperger’s Syndrome to develop life skills and independence?
We are looking for ABA Support Workers to join our team in Barnet, London.
This role will be supporting a gentleman in a single person supported living service. This is a lovely residential house with a large garden. The gentleman we support is very active and enjoys doing various activities within the community such as climbing and horse riding. We are looking for support staff to assist with independence and everyday tasks such as cooking, cleaning, personal care and meal preparation.
Knowledge and experience related to Autism and Positive Behaviour Support is preferred, however full training will be provided for the successful candidate.
About ABA Services
Our approach to support is specific to the individual. Working with them to determine their hopes, dreams, aspirations and goals for their future. Putting the client’s needs first is imperative to development, progression, independence and empowerment. Closely involving family members, health professionals and key people involved in the young person’s life enables us to deliver the personalised care service required to meet the needs of the individual.
Due to the personalised nature of the support we provide, some clients respond more positively to specific approaches, especially when forming new relationships, acclimatising to unfamiliar environments and learning new skills. The same flexible approach is necessary when working in a mainstream teaching environment, for example, some pupils are auditory learners whereas others benefit from a more visual approach.
Based on evidence from previous assessments and observations, the following interests, skills and characteristics possessed by the candidate will help the client to achieve their hopes and goals, promote and increase independence and in turn enhance self-confidence and cement their role in the local community and society.
The successful candidate would desirably possess/be interested in the following;
- Confidence whilst remaining humble, promoting inclusion at varying levels of ability in differing situations
- To be genuine, honest and endearing towards the client’s more sensitive needs
- Always be respectful of the client’s wishes whilst up-holding and rewarding socially acceptable behaviour
- As part of a team you may be required to work evenings and weekends. Your ability to be flexible and support your colleagues when needed is vital
- Having the initiative to research, be creative and introduce new ideas/places
- Supporting people with their personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves etc. Maintaining the individual’s dignity during these situations is imperative
- Keeping written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records
Candidates who hold a Full, clean UK Driving License with all of the above attributes are very much sought after.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a sector leading benefits package, more details can be found in the Careers section of our website www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and ABA Services.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Rosie Hazell on 0300 303 9150.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.