Support Worker - Broadstone or Parkstone areas
Support Worker / Care Assistant
Broadstone and Parkstone locations
Hourly rate - £8.93 - £9.68
Part Time (15) to Full Time (37.5)
Joining the Dimensions team as a support worker, you will be given support and leadership from a locality manager, assistant locality manager or, in their absence, a lead support worker. As a support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support.
We support wonderful individuals in their own homes to live the lives they choose to. We support people with complex health and physical support needs. We strive to ensure they have as much choice and control over their decisions as possible.
We encourage new and exciting activities and have supported the people we support to places such as Longleat Safari Park, watching theatre shows such as Sister Act and Mary Poppins, attending the London O2 to watch Disney on Ice to name just a few. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a well establish and experienced team who can guide you and enable you to form fantastic relationships with the people we support.
We will support you to complete an excellent standard of training including attending training for advanced skills to further your development, once you feel confident to do so.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn additional skills whilst ensuring you have full support.
No previous experience necessary just a willingness to learn, ask questions and come with 100% effort and enthusiasm!
We support people who have their own cars to go out therefore a driving license would be preferable but not essential.
Shift Patterns - These can vary to work around what the people we support like to do, so you must be prepared to work flexibly. We will work with you to accomodate rota's as much as possible along with ensuring that we are fair to the whole team.
For more information, please contact Louise on 07393 460768.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker