Support Worker - Darlington
32 hours per week
Do you find yourself naturally caring for others? Are you able to motivate others in a consistent and calm manner? Are you able to think on your feet? If so, this may be the team for you!
We’re looking for fantastic local people to join our outstanding support teams in Darlington where we currently support two gentlemen. They enjoy football, snooker, darts, cars, buses and trains and are looking for support workers who are able to engage and show an interest in their hobbies.
They are mobile and quite independent and are looking for kind and patient support workers to prompt with personal care, assist with meal preparation, laundry and other domestic tasks. One of the gentlemen has diabetes and requires support with his insulin medication (full training will be provided). If you’re a positive and committed person with a passion for supporting others to live the life they want to live, then we’d love to hear from you.
Shifts can vary and may change from time to time depending on the changing needs of the people you are supporting. Currently we provide support through 24-hour shifts starting at 10am one day and finishing at 10am the following day with a sleepover included. There are also some day shifts from 10am-3pm and outside of the pandemic, when the people you are supporting attend activities, there are also weekend day shifts. As we provide support 7 days a week, 365 days a week, we’re looking for people who can be as flexible as possible and work a combination of weekdays, weekends and your share of the bank holidays.
We recruit based on values so whilst previous experience is always welcome, it’s certainly not essential as full training will be provided.
If you have any further questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Angela on 07770 478 136.
To see how you will be rewarded for your hard work and commitment, please see the attached job description which details the full list of employee benefits.
At Dimensions we’re proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme 2019 & 2020.
You can find out more about the role and Dimensions via the attached job description and person specification.
To apply, please click on the button below.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
- Support Worker