Female Support Worker - Stoke on Trent
Hourly rate - £9.80 per hour
Full Time (37.5) hours available
Full Driving Licence preferable
We are looking to recruit two passionate Female Support Workers to provide support to a female to increase their independent living skills; with strong ambition for the people we support to facilitate positive community participation.
We support a lady within an independent living service in Longton who requires 2:1 support. She has a range of hobbies including going for walks, meeting people and loves music of all kinds.
Previous experience with supporting people with mental health issues and complex needs & behaviours is desirable.
You will also need to be passionate about supporting adults to increase their independent living skills; with strong ambition for the people we support to facilitate positive community participation. We are looking for people with a good knowledge of opportunities in the local area and a good understanding of community connections work.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Your role and duties will be:
- To complete and follow comprehensive support plans to ensure positive outcomes for the people we support
- Supporting community participation e.g. work/college placements
- To establish appropriate community connections and support the development of positive relationships for the person we support
- Using interpersonal skills and relationships to help people make choices, develop self-help, confidence and independence skills.
- Helping to seek inclusion opportunities and introduce the people we support to community facilities, clubs etc.
- Building good working relationships with the people we support, their friends and families, your colleagues and external organisations involved with the people you support. You are required to show empathy and awareness for others’ individuality, beliefs and cultures. You will recognise and challenge any bias, prejudice and discrimination.
In return, we offer;
- Up to 35 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Close-knit supportive team
- 12 weeks structured training programme which is fully paid for
- Free enhanced DBS check
- No uniform and work in one location that helps you build meaningful working relationships
- Workplace Pension
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- £200 refer a friend bonus
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
- Paid shadow shifts
- Free monthly review, appraisals and feedback
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work Programme, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Ramya Giri on 0300 303 9150.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.