Support Worker - Female
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Female Support Worker
Includes personal care & administering medication
37.5hrs per week
Shift Work - including sleep ins
We are looking for Female Support Workers in Stowmarket to cover various shifts from full time, part time and relief to suit you. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment.
We are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live.
You'll support across two of our services. In one service supporting three people; the gentleman likes to go out into the community, playing musical instruments and having a chat. You will be supporting the gentleman actively and assisting them with meaningful activities to live an independent life.
You will also be supporting a lady who enjoys going to the cinema and enjoys activities such as shopping and walks. She will also need support with her daily activities and other support needs with personal care, medical needs and you'll be trained to administer medication.
Being a driver is preferred to be able to take the people we support out to their activities, along with being comfortable with personal care and medication.
Shifts will be based on a rota;
Service 1- Early shifts: 09:00- 15:00- Late 15:00-22:00 followed by Sleep-In
Service 2- Early shifts: 07:00 – 09:30, Late 15:00- 22:00 followed by Sleep-in
Expected to work alternative weekends as well as working on occasional bank holidays.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker