Support Worker- Female
Female Support Worker
Day Shifts only (between 7am-10:00pm)
Full EK/EU driving licence with access to own car essential
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Mulbarton, near Norwich, Norfolk and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
We are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live. In Mulbarton we are supporting a gentleman in his 60's within his own bungalow with conservatory. He has his own enclosed garden and full driveway parking which his Support workers can use. This gentleman is non-verbal and requires support with personal care including assistance with shaving and washing. Minimal manual handling is involved but administrating oral medication is required.
He enjoys going out for walks in the local community, taking a drive to the beach and enjoys people reading to him. Whilst at home he enjoys using his foot spa and listening to music from his generation. The successful applicants will be required to work various shifts during the day (e.g; 7/7:30am to 2/2:30pm or 2/2:30pm- 10/10:30pm). We can also offer a range of part time hours if required.
You will need to be a driver with a car to get to the property as this is a rural location and the gentleman has his own car to enable him to go out.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker