Support Worker- Female
Support Worker – Female only
Driver essential – Full UK/EU Driving Licence
Part time - 16 hours per week
Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence and supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and if you are looking for a career in social care – there couldn’t be anything more rewarding then joining the Dimensions Team. We are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- A full list can be found in the job description
About the role
We are looking for Support Workers in Skellingthorpe to cover various shifts on a part time contract (16 hours per week). Shifts will be fitted around the person we support and will include sleep ins and waking night shifts; this will be discussed at interview.
In this service you will be supporting a lady who is determined, fairly independent and has some behaviours that challenge in her home. We are seeking Support Workers with patience who enjoy the same activities. She likes to go shopping, swimming, to the gym, pubs, discos and visiting garden centres and you will be required to accompany her. Her support will be 2:1 in the community and 1:1 support at her home. There is an element of manual handling due to the need of a wheelchair and a Sara Steady to get around when outside. She is fairly independent but on occasion needs support with some elements of personal care.
You will need to work closely/build positive relationships with her family and follow a positive behaviour support plan which is in place as it’s extremely important to get her support right.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- OTE £11,884.80
- Support Worker