Support Worker - Female
Support Worker / Care Assistant
Orkney - PO6
We are looking for female Support Workers in Portsmouth who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live. In Orkney, we support nine ladies in their own home aged in their 20s - 80s who are really active and able. It's a large property with two lounge areas, utility area, massive garden and all bedrooms have their own ensuite. The ladies we support enjoying going out to the local shops, going on walks, playing game, doing puzzles and some go to day services and have family involvement. You will support within a team to make sure all household tasks, care plans and medication records are kept up to date. You will assist with personal care and get involved with all activities they enjoy doing.
Shift Patterns - These can vary to work around the people we support.
Example - 7am - 3pm / 2:30pm - 10pm / long days and alternate weekends / occasional sleep Ins (You must be able to work a variation of these shifts)
For further information, please contact Kathy Mcghee on 07392867098 or Hannah on 07387 414782.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- OTE £21,846.50
- Support Worker