Here at Dimensions, we are looking for female support worker to join us for waking nights in Kidsgrove, Stoke on Trent. Working at our supported living home you will enhance the quality of life of one lady who lives there by empowering her independence. As a Support Worker no two days are the same as we encourage the people we support, to live the most independent life they can and help them make informed choices.
The role is 36hrs a week and working hours would be would be between 8pm – 8am, including alternate weekends.
What will I be doing?
- Checking the lady, we support at regular intervals to ensure she is comfortable
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this may include – but not be limited to – housekeeping, finances, medication, cooking & personal care)
- Keeping written records, using IT systems to record daily notes, and be confident using our systems to record incidents
- Ensuring the premises is secure and safe during the night
- Encouraging positive behaviours and building good relationship
For further information, please contact Rachel on 07496 619310 or click below to submit short application.
What benefits are available?
- A competitive payrate of £10.56 per hour
- up to 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
- Having full UK Driving license is an advantage, but not essential - there are good links to public transport
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
- We believe that everyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter their background, which is why we primarily recruit based on values, not just skills or experience. So, whether you've worked in health and social care before and are looking for more fulfilment from the work you genuinely enjoy or if you're searching for a change in careers then we'd love to hear from you.
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
- "Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."