Female Support Worker- Bury St Edmunds
Hourly rate: £9.25 per hour
Full time (37.5 hours/Waking nights) or part time (flexible up to 30 hours) available
Driver preferred but not essential
If you have a bubbly and happy personality who enjoys a lot of activities and a singalong, this position is perfect for you!
We are recruiting for Support Workers to support a woman in her mid 20's in Bury St Edmunds. She has her own flat and is looking for support workers who are active and will assist her with her activities such as swimming, bowling, going to the beach and trampoling. You will be working within a team on a 2:1 basis and have ongoing support from the management. Also they often attend regular social events as a team and they would love for you to join them!
This position will involve limited personal care and no manual handling. You will however be required to support with meal prepartion and medication.
This service is in an excellent location with the centre of Bury being a 5 minute walk away, 10 minute walk from bus station and close to Abbey Gardens.
We have a flexible rota that allows you to pursue your own interests and achieve work/life balance. Shifts are between 8am to 8pm/ 10am-5pm/ one in three weekends.
The waking nights role will require you to remain awake and work between 8pm-8am covering alternative weekends and bank holidays. We are looking for people who can work independently to monitor and support this lady as and when she needs it during the night. Duties can include personal care, hourly checks and the expectation to carry out domestic duties which are unable to be carried out during day hours.
Find out why Dimensions is a ''Great Place to Work'': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg95McwDIts
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Close-knit supportive team
- 12 weeks structured training programme which is fully paid for
- Free enhanced DBS check
- No uniform and work in one location that helps you build meaningful working relationships
- Workplace Pension
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- £500 refer a friend bonus
- Full comprehensive training scheme and opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 or email email@example.com
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.