If you've always wanted a job that offers more personal fulfilment; if you'd like more support in achieving your professional goals, if you're wanting to work with an organisation where you'll feel genuinely valued for doing what you love (to care!) and where you'll be actively encouraged to excel, then look no further than becoming our newest Support Worker based in Swansea where a richly rewarding role awaits.
As our newest full-time, Female Support Worker, you'll be assisting your new colleagues to support three young ladies living in Swansea. Theirs is a quiet home, and whilst each lady has their own ambitions, dreams, and hobbies, they all enjoy sensory activities, being out and about in nature, going away on day trips (they really love the zoo!), and getting to spend time with their loved ones.
The ladies do have access to their own mobility vehicles, so it's essential you hold a driver's license as they'd love it if you could take them out and about more often.
It's also important to note that each lady we support has complex health needs (including epilepsy) and requires assistance with PEG feeding. Therefore, there is a requirement to respectfully provide personal care as and when required.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Empower and encourage the ladies we support to live their best lives - the lives that they choose to live. You'll achieve this by being actively and enthusiastically involved in every aspect of their day-to-day lives.
- Respectfully provide personal care, prompting and assistance with PEG feeding.
- Administer medications
- Help safeguard the people we support ensuring that they are always happy, comfortable and in a safe and sanitary environment
For further information about the role; the shifts available, and for more details about the ladies we support, please contact Gemma Williams on email@example.com
Please note, "Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Quality Act 2010".
- We help you become the best - we provide on-going, fully-funded training to help you achieve your professional goals and personal ambitions
- No lengthy, expensive commutes - we provide support to people in their own homes, so, with our roles, thre's no long, arduous and costly travel required!
- We offer a wonderful workplace culture where well-being, inclusivity, and support are championed, and diversity is celebrated
- All our colleagues are like you; passionate, personable, courageous, ambitious, and supportive
- We offer many generous colleague benefits and recognition awards to show that we value - and are proud of - our colleagues
Apply now or please share this vacancy with someone you think would make a fantastic Female Support Worker!
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.