Support Worker - Full Time
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence for every individual. We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and if you are looking for a career in care – there couldn’t be anything more rewarding.
We are recruiting for Support Workers in Fareham. Whether you have experience or not, we will help support you to reach your full potential by providing you with all the necessary training, guidance and support you need to complete your care certificate and further qualifications.
We support people with learning disabilities and autism, with challenging behaviour, personal care, epilepsy, complex needs and much more. If you have a caring, kind and thoughtful nature, we would love to hear from you.
The role will involves supporting one male and one female in their 50s and 60s in a bungalow in Fareham. The role will involve manual handling - overhead tracking, slings and mobile hoisting. It is 1:1 support and 2:1 support with all moving and handling.
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care - Full support
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities out in the community - they go to day centres, Hydro sessions and shopping.
It is essential to have a full drivers licence for this position as the people we support have their own vehicles.
We provide 24 hour support and you will need to be able to work on a varied shift pattern throughout the week - a mixture of early and late shift / alternate weekends and night work.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Tracey on 07392867117.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker