Support Worker- Male
Support Workers - Male
Are you a motivated person who wants to help others?
We are looking for motivated and resilient Support Workers to join our team in the NE5 area of Newcastle, to work across two services supporting two gentlemen aged between 30-50 to live independently in their own home. We have permanent contracts available for 20 - 37.5 hours a week.
About the role
These gentlemen love to go out, enjoying walks in the countryside and visiting Newcastle. They also enjoy films that are action packed and being supported to bake scones and cakes. A typical role will involve;
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
You will be required to work flexibly on a rota across a 7 day week.
We recruit based on values so whilst previous experience is always welcome, it’s certainly not essential as full training, and support to obtain the relevant qualifications, will be provided.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
To find out how you will be rewarded for your hard work and dedication, please see the attached job description for a full list of employee benefits.
At Dimensions we’re proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme 2019.
You can find out more about the role and Dimensions via the attached job description and person specification.
If you have any further questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Maxine on 07860 923 426.
To apply, please click on the button below.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker