Female Support Worker positions available now – with an outstanding benefit package!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Are you also looking for a company that provides fantastic benefits to all their employees to also enhance your own life whilst working with us?
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit companies supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme.
About the role
A typical role will involve;
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
We’re currently supporting people with learning disabilities and autism across the Middlesbrough area and we’re looking for some fantastic new support workers to join us. We have part-time contracts available from 14 - 25 hours per week.
You will be supporting a number of local people, of whom you will get to know really well. You will see the same people each week and will often stay with one person for an entire shift (7 hours). Everyone will have different needs and it will be your role to ensure that you are providing everyone with the same consistently high standards of personalised care and support, in line with their support plans.
You may experience behaviours that others could find challenging. Previous experience is always welcome but as long as you're willing to learn, that's all we ask. We have fantastic training available to all of our colleagues, to help you feel confident in your new role, no matter what your experience level.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.