Support Worker - Part Time
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
Shift Work on a rota - including sleep ins
Personal Care & Manual Handling involved
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Support Worker positions available now – with an outstanding benefit package!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Are you also looking for a company that provides fantastic benefits to all their employees to also enhance your own life whilst working with us?
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit companies supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
We are looking for fun and motivated staff members to come and join our teams in services within the Lincoln area, you will be supporting adults with Learning disabilities of multiple ages. We look to match successful applicants by location and similar interests; this will be discussed at interview.
The people we support enjoy going out for walks, going to the park, playing football, visiting the cinema and theatre. Some of the people we are supporting do need support with their mobility and personal care needs, while others are more able. You will be supporting with administering medication, cleaning tasks, maintaining community connections , shopping, cooking and everyday household tasks.
You will work as part of a team working on a rota system also doing at least one sleep-in shift a week, there is also an expectation to work weekends and bank holiday shifts as part of this. There is also some computer tasks within the role.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker