Support Worker - Part Time
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of support workers in Stowmarket. Dimensions provide life changing support to people with learning disabilities and autism throughout England and Wales. We often find great talent from retail, cleaning and hospitality backgrounds, but no matter what your experience, we want to hear from you. This is your opportunity to start a career where you are genuinely changing people’s lives and to join an award winning team in the process.
The role will be supporting 4 gentlemen between the ages of 24-35 in the own home. One is non-verbal so Makaton is used to communicate. Personal care will need to be provided so being comfortable with this will be essential for the role; whilst also administering medication, cooking and driving them to the day centre on week days.
Shifts are: Weekends - 8am - 3pm, 3pm - 10pm & sleep in. Week days (from the sleep in) finishing at 9am, 3pm - 10pm & sleep in (shifts may change during the week depending on government guidelines).
To be considered for this role you will need to hold a full UK/EU driving licence.
For any more information on the role, please call 03003039150 to speak with Kirstie Rawlinson.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker