Support Worker - Part time
Support Worker - Havershill area of Suffolk - No Experience Necessary!
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Gemma who is from a teaching background, started as a Support Worker and has progressed to Lead Support Worker in one of our teams.
Gemma says'' I love being a Support Worker because I see the satisfaction in people's faces when I help them with ordinary things. My team and the people we support feels like a family. My job is very rewarding and I feel really valued.
Every day is different. I support people by taking them to various activities such as swimming, dance lessons, cooking, going out for lunch, seeing friends, watching films, going to theatre, visiting the seaside and garden centres.''
If you are looking for a rewarding role in a great team environment, click the apply now button below.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to hold a full UK/EU driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker