Support Worker - Peasedown
Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence for every individual. We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and if you are looking for a career in care – there couldn’t be anything more rewarding.
We are recruiting for amazing Support Workers in Peasedown. We have a supported living service comprising of 8 flats within Peasedown where two gentlemen live, each with their own support team.
The role will involve:
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
One of the people we support enjoys going out walking, swimming, going to arts and crafts and also goes out for lunch in the local pub. He also loves films and going to charity shops to buy new DVDs.
The second gentleman is really into his music and dancing. He likes to have his disco lights on and enjoys going out to participate in sensory activites as well as boogie nights.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Sandra Lord on 07392197463.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker